Unfortunately summer is coming to an end, but no need to get down. With the fall season ahead, we're all excitedly to update our wardrobes and hair!
In preparation for the fall season, Jenny Balding, Culter/Redken styling expert, shares her top three do's and don'ts for updating your clients' hair care regimen for Fall.
3 Hair Don'ts for Fall:
* Stick to the same shampoo and conditioner. "If your client is used to a very moisturizing regimen for summer, you may want to use a lighter shampoo for fall and keep the moisturizing conditioner; this way the hair won't feel weighed down as the weather cools down."
* Overuse hot tools after the summer. "Take care when blow-drying and try to avoid hot tools as much because hair will most likely be a little distressed after the summer months."
* Avoid color! "Before jumping into a new color trend for fall, keep in mind the condition of your client's hair and any distress from the summer. The color may only need tweaking rather than a complete overhaul."
3 Hair Dos for Fall:
* Go for a cut. "Trimming right after the summer will prepare your hair for the Fall and remove any damage caused by sun/sea/pool over the summer."
* Be gentle. "In the fall, hair is susceptible to the most damage following the summer season. Always gently squeeze dry your hair with a towel when it's wet and never rub as this will rough up cuticle which causes frizz and breakage."
* Recommend a new look for fall! "This is a fantastic way to start a new season and, in my experience, this is the most popular season for big changes as clients tend to want to revamp after the summer. Go for it!"
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.