From street style to front row, we had a new favorite guest this year at NYFW! Hyperlapse, the latest app release from Instagram, was all the rage this season at New York Fashion Week and it is not hard to believe. Hyperlapse allows even the most amateur videographer to produce one of these cinematic clips. The user-friendly app available on iPhone and iPad easily records and converts your video to a time-lapse effect that is ‘Insta’ ready to post. We’re positive even the very novice among us can create the most flawless video.
Let’s walk through your Hyperlaspe début:
- With the app launched, tap to begin and once more to end your recording
- Swipe the scale beneath to speed up 12x or slow down to 1x the defaulted 6x playback rate of your vid
- Select the green checkmark to save your video, and then proceed to share on Instagram or Facebook.
- Stress-free to make, the final product looks like it took hours to craft. Hyperlapse is the greatest way to show off styles or demonstrate a quick product tutorial. Plus, I love the time-lapse quality, which at it highest speed allows us to get 3 minutes of content in a quick 15-second video. Capture those final touches from your guest’s style and you’ll have some perfect content to share.
- Tip: Even though Hyperlapse will stabilize your recording. We still find it best to stand still while filming, as your subject moves around for you.
Connect with Ideas That Evoke:
At Ideas That Evoke we develop digital, social and mobile strategies for salon professional, beauty, hospitality and entertainment brands. As branding and public relations veterans, yet early adopters of all things digital, we understand the importance of creating measurable, buzz-worthy campaigns that generate bottom-line results. #IdeasThatEvoke