When a client comes in for a total transformation it can often be scary and daunting, not only for them, but for the stylist too! Completely changing a look can sometimes result in an unhappy customer, even if the result was exactly what they asked for.
This wasn't the case when ProRituals Creative Director, Terrence Michael Renk, and Bodyography Cosmetics Makeup Artist, Kelly McGowan teamed up to create a beautiful transformation that gave this client a new, youthful look, yet didn't completely change who she was.
- Section hair into six square box sections 3"x 3”. These are to be placed at angles to fit the head shape. The front section will be half of a square that is placed like a pyramid section point going back.
- Weave highlights and apply blue light lightener with tint brush on to foil and fold. The foils are placed to create a more natural movement and brighter dimension using a 20 volume developer and ProRituals Bluelight lightening powder. Each 3"x 3" square section should have five foils in each for a total of 30 foils.
- Style the hair using ProRituals Lift Volumizer and a Marilyn Flatter Me Too oval styling brush.
- Cleanse face with Bodyography Face It wipe. Apply Bodyography Overnight Serum for instant collagen amplifier.
- Use Bodyography primer to even out skin tone. Then apply foundation 150 all over face with a stippling brush. Once satisfied with the coverage, apply concealer 420 to the under eyes and on any blemishes.
- Set the under eyes with 10 in the Every Finish Powder and the entire face with 50.
- Use the Bodyography Essential Brow Trio, combining the lightest and medium shades to fill in her eyebrows. Then apply Sand Dune on the hollows of the cheekbones and the sides of the nose nose for a more defined and contoured appearance.
- Using the eye-shadow trio Capri on the eyes, sweep the pink shimmer shade across the lids and then the taupe sparkling shadow in the crease and the lash line. Apply Bodyography's brown gel eyeliner in Noir on the lash line on both top and bottom lids.
- Going back to the apples of the cheeks, warm the skin with a sun kissed bronzer, applying there as well as forehead and chin.
- Line the outside and corners of the lips with Heatherberry and topped with Lux. Finish with Dramat-eyes Mascara.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.