After posting her signature Mohawk Braid on Instagram, Karen Agostino, stylist at Di Rosa Haircare in New York, could barely keep up with the requests for the style. "I'm very active on social media, I try to be consistent with my posts and gear it toward showcasing my work to attract new clients," says Agostino. Here she shares how to recreate the look:
- Take a triangle section of hair from the top of the head, lightly tease for height then split in two.
- Start a fishtail braid, taking the outer piece on the right and go under and into the center to the left section. Repeat on the left side.
- Take a section on the right from the loose hair and go under and to the center of the left side.
- Take a small piece of hair from the right side and take it under and to the center of the left side. Continue until all hair is in the fishtail Dutch braid.
- Go back to a regular fishtail braid and secure with a lose elastic.
- Start loosening the braid from the top, bring it upward and secure with bobby pins. Continue loosening and pinning to create the desired Mohawk effect.
- Either pin up the fishtail end on loosen and leave down.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.