Repêchage Professional Skin Care has introduced Repêchage SeaSmooth Artisan Seaweed Wax, a collection of products Repechage founder Lydia Sarfati believes will make waxing a better experience for both the esthetician and guest. “Waxing isn’t just about hair," says Sarfati. "Wax comes in close contact with the skin – yet few are truly improving it. Clients are coming in for waxing appointments and leaving hair free, but they are also leaving with newfound redness, bumps, irritation and swelling. My goal was to create a wax that not only beautifully removes hair, but also helps to prevent and alleviate common sides effects on the skin associated with waxing."
Seaweed is the magic ingredient (used in most Repechage products) designed to transform the depilation process. Repêchage SeaSmooth Artisan Seaweed Wax is a soft, creamy wax infused with select sea plants that deliver vitamins, minerals and trace elements for smoothness. Zinc Oxide is added to provide natural antimicrobial action while Aloe Vera helps to relieve visible irritation. The natural, unbleached muslin strips, containing a high thread count, are designed to provide maximum adhesion and allow for perfect hair removal.
Sarfati shares her tips on how to create the perfect waxing experience for YOUR client and demonstrates SeaSmooth Artisan Seaweed Wax on both a male and female client:
-Before your client arrives, prepare the room so that it is inviting and comfortable.
-Have a robe ready for the client’s arrival and cover the table with a disposable sheet.
-Place a beautiful bowl on the floor under where the clients head will rest. Fill the bowl with decorative accents such as flowers and calming aromatherapy oils. This detail adds to the sensory experience.
STEPS for the perfect waxing experience:
1. Spray alcohol on the area to be waxed. Use dry towel to remove any oil or cream from the skin.
2. Use a dry brush to gently exfoliate dead skin cells and help reduce ingrown hairs.
3. Using a clean spatula, apply wax to the skin in the direction of the hair growth using one long, smooth movement. Always use a clean spatula. NO DOUBLE DIPPING!
4. Place Repêchage Muslin Strips over wax, leaving space to pull the strip. Apply gentle pressure to the strip and quickly pull back in the opposite direction of the hair growth. Do not pull up on the strip as this can cause breakage which will lead to ingrown hairs or even skin bruising.
5. Once you have finished waxing the back of the legs, massage frozen Repêchage Skin Relief Soothing Gel. TIP: Freeze a small portion of Repêchage Skin Relief Soothing Gel in a small plastic cup or ice cube tray and apply it cold to the skin.
6. Massage the skin with Repêchage Vita Cura® Triple Action Nutrí Oil to seal the skin’s barrier and provide deep conditioning benefits.
7. Place a warm towel on the legs, then remove and pat dry.
8. Assist client in turning onto his/her back to continue the waxing ritual.
9. Continue with the waxing process on the rest of the area to be treated. Apply frozen Skin Relief Soothing Gel followed by the Vita Cura Triple Action Nutrí Oil.
10. Complete the experience by placing a warm towel over the waxed area.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.