With some of the biggest and best beauty shows right around the corner, we wanted to share one of our favorite (yet underrated) ways to capitalize on social media surrounding an event. Whether you're going to IBS, ABS, Cosmoprof Bologna or all 3 (show stopper!), set aside a few minutes to learn how Pinterest can expand your presence (and while you’re at it, here are some suggestions for recreational activities while you’re in town!)
- Add a “Pin it” button to your website: The pin it button can help you get more referral traffic to your site when people click on your pins. People save your things to Pinterest then more people discover and re-pin them. In fact, the average Pin gets 11 re-pins. Find out how to add it here.
- Make your Pinterest boards search-friendly: Pinterest considers a few different aspects when pulling pins during searches on the site so you have to not only think about the name of your Pinterest board but also your board descriptions. Using key search words in your board descriptions may be key to securing new visitors!
- Generate buzz about the event: Consider pinning an informative infographic to your board prior to the show to let your audience know what the event is all about. If you’re not a graphic designer, try Canva and you will feel like one!
- Collect photos from attendees: The Pinterest mobile app allows you to pin photos from your cell phone, so invite attendees to contribute to a shared board and you have an instant photo album of the event. Take it a step further and turn this into a contest and give prizes to the most re-pinned photos.
- Utilize the Pinterest secret boards: Are you launching a new product or service at the event? Give bloggers and reporters access to exclusive content before the event using secret Pinterest boards for an extra marketing push.