Sasha Marie, a make up artist for Temptu, offers a blush application demonstration, sharing tips and tricks throughout.
"The goal is to have people say 'your skin looks great', not 'your MAKE UP looks great'," says Marie. "If done properly, airbrushing makes your skin glow as though coming from within." Marie finds that she can do make up quickly with airbrushing. "It really takes just about five minutes to do a face," she says. "This is fantastic for wedding parties. You use a lot less make up when airbrushing and it is water resistant. It also lasts for 18 hours. It's just the perfect way for a professional to apply make up."
Among her tips:
- Apply lightly in circular motions ("It should be buildable coverage.")
- Test color on your arm, and make it interactive with your client.
- Blush application should be angled from the tip of the ear to the eye.
- Always use proper lighting. ("The make up artist should control his or her own lighting. I love this Glamcor light. It is lightweight, portable and effective.")
- The goal with highlighting is to create a glow, bring out the eyes and cheekbone. Highlights should be placed at the cupids bow and the inside corner of eye.
In this video, Marie applies airbrush blush and highlighting to MODERN's Beauty and Fashion Director Maggie Mulhern (who was not prepared for this, but offered herself up for this demo.) Marie shares tips for clients of all ages throughout this demo.
For more information, visit www.temptu.com.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.