Donald Scott is at it again. The legendary artist has a special cult following and is constantly designing tools, equipment and products to meet the needs of stylists working with razors and beyond. Scott just launched a new selection of tools and a new liquid product, all designed to maximize cutting and styling.
MODERN caught up with Scott to learn more about the tools that allow the artist to cut and carve the hair with precise detail, speed and efficiency.
- Carving Comb, Fine: 3-in-1 tool with two razors on one end and cutting comb on the opposite end to be used on fine to medium textures. Use alone or simultaneously with shears.
- Carving Comb, Wide: 3-in-1 tool with two razors on one end and cutting comb on the opposite end to be used on thick or curly textures. Use alone or simultaneously with shears.
- Groom Stik Pro: Portable trimmer that grooms hard-to-reach places, longer lasting and more powerful than traditional razors of its kind.
- Chop Stik Pro: Takes a classic tool into the future of cutting artistry for unsurpassed creativity, control and flexibility; when used, this tool adds texture and weight to all hair types. Adds texture and movement to every shape.
- DS/4X: The ultimate finishing tool, perfect for cleaning any cut or grooming style; designed for precision work such as the nape of the neck, detailing behind the ears, eye brow shaping and for razor sharp lines.
- Swivel Twist: 2-in-1 razor tool with a 25% channel carve razor on one side and traditional 100% carve on the opposite side, promotes spontaneity and 360º motion while cutting.
- PREPARE Liquid Tool Glide: The first and only “liquid tool” specifically designed to work in harmony with Donald Scott NYC’s award winning, patented razor tools
Join the Club
In addition to this groundbreaking launch and in an effort to support hair artists, Donald Scott NYC has introduced The Donald Scott NYC Blade Club—the first and only member-based auto-replenishment program of its kind. Developed out of one part artistry and one part necessity, The Donald Scott NYC Blade Club is committed to providing hair artists with a constant supply of fresh, sharp Donald Scott NYC blades specifically designed for use with Donald Scott NYC tools. With membership new blades will be conveniently shipped to the home, studio or salon once every three months. Hair artists can simply sign up by visiting the Donald Scott NYC website. The artist-inspired, first of its kind, auto-replenishment program will then ship a new pack of the desired blades to the artist once every three months along with cleaning and handling directions, tips from Donald Scott, the leader in razor artistry and new product news.
For more information, go to www.donaldscottNYC.com. To see some of the blades in action by the master himself, check out these 2 short videos.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.