At Miami Swim Week 2015, we saw beachy texture and sleek shine – sometimes even within a single look. Here we take a look at the inspiration behind three styles created by the Unite team for three different shows and layout the steps to recreating the trends.
HAIR: Unite Hair led by BLO Blow Dry Bar Brickell
DATE: Saturday, July 18, 2015
Hair Inspiration: Designer Franchesca of Frankie’s Bikinis found inspiration for her recent collection from her hometown on Malibu. The hair was designed to complement the looks with fun and flirty beach hair perfect for day or night featuring a top-knot, beachy waves and peek through braids.
1. Spray dry hair with Unite Beach Day throughout and blow dry for texture.
2. Sprinkle Unite Expanda Dust on roots and massage into the scalp for instant lift, volume and added texture.
3. Take the top section and secure into a high ponytail with a clear elastic
4. Wrap the pony into a top knot and pin into place
5. Prep the bottom section with a light mist of Unite Max-Control Hairspray and curl sections into loose waves.
6. Sprinkle Expanda Dust into the waves and shake out for textured beachy waves
7. Pull out a few small sections on either side to create a mini-braid.
8. While holding the base of the braid slide the body of the braid up for a unique, textured braid placement.
9. Mist the entire look with Unite 7Seconds Glossing for overall shine and humidity protection.
HAIR: Unite Hair led by Riley McLachlan
DATE: Saturday, July 18, 2015
Hair Inspiration: The final of the show was intended to have groups of girls with the same outfit on, creating an army of girls. This inspired the militant slicked back, shiny, glossy hair with the sides held extra tight.
1. Apply a liberal amount of Unite Elevate Mousse directly onto to the Unite Detangler Brush and brush the mousse through the hair, roots to ends.
2. Blow dry using a 9Row Denman Brush to keep the hair laying as flat and smooth and possible
3. Throughout the top and sides of the hair, Elevate and Session Max Hairspray were applied to give extreme hold to the hair in the slicked back style.
4. Use bobby pins to hold the sides tightly to the scalp
5. Mist Unite 7Seconds Glossing throughout, especially the top and sides for the extra glossy shine and overall humidity protection.
SHOW: Lila Nikole
HAIR: Unite Hair led by Chanel Peraza-Munoz, Blo Blow Dry Bar Brickell
DATE: Sunday, July 19, 2015
Hair Inspiration: A bold, futuristic ponytail to complement the Miami inspired suit collection.
1. Apply a liberal amount Unite Expanda Volume throughout sections all around the head on the scalp.
2. Slick hair back into a smooth, shiny high ponytail and secure with an elastic
3. Mist the ponytail with Unite 7Seconds Glossing for shine and thermal protection
4. Use a Unite Pro-System Flat iron to mail the ponytail perfectly straight
5. Secure a long extension to an elastic and wrap around the ponytail
6. Use a small section of the extension to wrap around the elastic to create an elongated base of the ponytail. Secure with bobby pins.
7. Spray Unite Session-Max Hairspray for a final extra-strong hold.