Rebecca Minkoff and essie held a contest via Instagram last week to choose which nail design, created in collaboration with Michelle Saunders and Minkoff, would be showcased in Minkoff's spring/summer 2016 show at this year's New York Fashion Week. The winning design was "lucite sunset," a pastel ombre look reminiscent of the chunky lucite heels found throughout the collection's footwear designs.
GET THE LOOK:
1. Apply "first base base coat" to clean, filed nails.
2. Trim a makeup sponge in half and use the side that's more narrow to create the ombre sunset.
3. From top to bottom, layer the sponge in thin, horizontal lines with "tarte deco", "marshmallow", "beach bum blu", and "midnight cami".
4. Sponge ombre sunset pattern on each finger, making sure "tarte deco" is always at the base; colors will need to be reapplied to the sponge every other nail.
5. Apply one coat of "spaghetti strap" over each nail to soften the look.
6. Finish with "gel.setter top coat".
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.