NEW EIMI by Wella Professionals introduces four new Wella products, while incorporating other favorites from Wella Professionals, to complete a comprehensive line up of 20 styling products. EIMI was the line of choice during September New York Fashion Week for Wella Professionals Global Creative Director, Eugene Souleiman. He explains how the products came into play for the "handsome beauty" that was on display at DKNY’s SS16 NYFW collection. The hard-edged, sophisticated architecture of New York’s One World Trade Centre was the inspiration for the slightly masculine tailoring of the collection as well as for the strong, graphic simplicity of the hair look.
“I love the simplicity of this look. The blend of the deep masculine side-parting at the front and softer, feminine texture through the lengths feels very modern, but it has a classically handsome beauty at the same time," said Souleiman.” It’s the kind of look I imagine Lauren Bacall would wear if she was a young woman today – graphic, powerful and polished.”
Get the Look:
1. Start by prepping the hair with Wella Professionals EIMI Perfect Setting.
2. Create a deep, razor sharp side part and brush hair flat down on the top of the head.
3. Spray Wella Professionals EIMI Stay Firm onto the roots and brush through the lengths of the hair until you achieve a super-sleek controlled top.
4. Continue to brush through the hair to fade the concentration of product.
5. Finish the look by spraying the back of the head with Wella Professionals EIMI Dry Me.
- Wella Professionals EIMI Perfect Setting
- Wella Professionals EIMI Stay Firm
- Wella Professionals EIMI Dry Me
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.