Inspired by the Matrix Logics trend Forces of Nature, this lovely haircolor look created by Matrix educator Sarah Mac (@SarahMacD) was inspired by the beauty, power and duality of nature.
The Forces of Nature trend takes tones and elements from nature like landscapes or sunsets and converts them into haircolor masterpieces. “Whenever I teach a class I am asked how to achieve my haircut (which is very similar to the mannequin in the photo). I recently taught a class on this trend and my haircut fit perfectly for the final look. It can be modified to be salon-friendly,” says Mac. “Fashion shades are so in right now, so I changed the color formulas and used Matrix Lacquers instead.”
In this color placement, Mac created a soft melting of color just as you would see in nature.
A: Base Color Matrix Lacquers Purple .5oz + Colorgraphics Clear 2oz
B: Lacquers Magenta 1/2 oz + Clear 1/2 oz
C: Lacquers Orange 1/2 oz + Clear 1/2 oz
D: Lacquers Yellow 1/2 oz + Clear 1/2 oz
- On prelightened Level 10 hair, section out a triangle on top of the head with a point about 1-inch behind center fringe hairline.
- On everything left out of the triangle, color with the base purple color and cover with foil.
- Release the triangle. Starting at one of the front long sides take a slice and clip the rest of the hair away.
- Apply the Yellow formula about 1-inch away from the base, and then apply the purple base color and melt the two together slightly. Lay another foil on top of this slice and repeat 2 more times.
- After the 3 Yellow slices, repeat the same technique for 3 Orange foils, and then 3 foils of the Magenta formula.
- Process for 20 minutes, rinse with cold water and style to desired look.
A closer look at the Matrix Logics Forces of Nature trend:
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.