On Saturday night, top celebrity hair stylist Ted Gibson celebrated his milestone 50th birthday with a star-studded party at the Knickerbocker Hotel rooftop in New York. The red carpet event was attended by friends, family and Gibson’s A-list clients, including Ashley Greene, Debra Messing and Kate Walsh. R&B singer-songwriter Deborah Cox performed at the event.
After the festivities, Gibson posted pictures of himself and Ashley Greene on Instagram, commenting that he styled her hair for the event using products by L'Oréal Professionnel, sponsor of the event. Here we have tips on how Gibson created her shiny, waved tresses.
GET THE LOOK:
1. Start with freshly shampooed and conditioned hair. Then apply L’Oréal Professionnel Densite spray to damp hair for density and to lift the roots.
2. Next, spray hair with L’Oréal Professionnel Perfect Texture and dry hair by rough-drying at first with fingers. Finish with a dryer and dual bristle round brush to smooth out the cuticle.
3. Once hair is dry, part down the middle for a classic girl next door look. To achieve the waves, use a 1 ¼” curling iron taking 1” sections, wrap it around the base of the iron leaving the ends out. The trick to these waves is to alternate the direction of your curl with each section.
4. Another trick to help achieve this look is to finger through the waves with your hands. This softens the wave and helps to blend them together.
5. Finish with L’Oréal Professionnel Extreme Lacquer hairspray to hold waves in place.