Our staff at Katherine Frank Creative is THRILLED to announce we are finalists in Exhibitor Magazine's Portable/Modular Awards! The winner(s) will be announced at EXHIBITOR LIVE in March but until then, you can vote for us in the People's Choice Awards: http://www.exhibitoronline.com/awards/pma/peopleschoice-vote.asp
We submitted our Peter Coppola booth which debuted at the ULTA General Manager Conference in 2015 and here is a little background about the design: The theme for this booth was an old time Speakeasy and the idea was derived when someone on the Peter Coppola staff said it would be great to have their guys in beards and suspenders, going for an "old time feel". 90% of their audience was going to be females for this event so they thought this would be a unique way to appeal to attendees.
The booth was to mimic a real life experience, allowing attendees to visit a whole different era, right there on the show floor. Some of the challenges included:
- Creating an old theme, yet conveying a modern, innovative brand message to a new audience
- Set up, install and tear down in less than 24 hours
- Space and budget constraints
Because we were working with a short time frame, we suggested using our h-line system which is exceptionally easy to install yet allows endless options when it comes to design and branding. Knowing this, we incorporated the “speakeasy” theme by implementing dye sublimation graphics that mimicked exposed brick with a sepia tone. As a result of the sublimation process used with the h-line system, the graphics appear to be three-dimensional which helped establish the client’s vision; exactly what you would have seen in a speakeasy during the prohibition era.
Though the booth went through many revisions, we were really able to execute their vision in the final version by utilizing the following elements:
- Flooring (faux hard wood)
- Luxurious lounge with plush art-deco seating and a vintage sofa and coffee table
- Photo Booth and sepia toned photos of the product lines and roaring 20’s themed props
- Style bar constructed from cherry wood
- Dramatic mood lighting including sconces and a lavish chandelier
- Red velvet drapes for privacy and décor
- Ornate vases with lavish oversized feathers
When all of these components came together, we were able to help the client achieve the goal; brand awareness, traffic, innovation and engaging the attendees with a memorable experience.
What do you think of the design? Thanks in advance for your support!
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.