Joseph DiMaggio, Master Session Ambassador for Davines North America shares his inspiration for this look at Novis Spring/Summer 2017.
“The Novis girl is a chic individual with a little bit of quirk, and for Spring/Summer 2017 the collection featured graphic, geometric shapes and architectural designs," he says. "I wanted to highlight the complexity reflected in the clothes with a hair look that was clean, yet intricate."
"I started by neatly slicking the hair back into a decorative braid and decided to keep the hair away from the face and neck to keep the focus on the colorful designs of the collection. The structure of the box braid, with its alignment on the back of the head, paired beautifully with the unique shapes Jordana created. In the end, I couldn’t be more happy with the final look.”
GET THE LOOK:
- Create a center part and apply Davines Your Hair Assistant Blowdry Primer to the root.
- Blowdry the hair, directing the roots back into a low ponytail with the base on the right corner of the nape of the neck.
- Secure the low ponytail with an elastic cord.
- Smooth the hair by generously applying more Your Hair Assistant Blowdry Primer, distributing onto the ponytail length with a fine tooth comb.
- Separate the ponytail into four sections. Then crisscross opposing pieces and repeat until the whole ponytail is braided, creating a box braid.
- Secure the hair with an elastic on the end.
- Flatten the braid horizontally across the nape to the left side, tucking it in towards the base.
- Pin to secure the braid.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.