On January 29, 2017 at the Mall of Asia Arena in Pasay City, Philippines, Iris Mittenaere, Miss France was crowned the 65th Miss Universe. Farouk Systems, the official haircare sponsor for the past 12 years, created her winning look with the company’s Global Artistic Team Member, Anna Cantu.
To achieve the crowning look, Farouk Systems Global Artistic Team Member, Anna Cantu provides her styling tips:
• Prep Hair with Miss Universe by CHI Moringa & Macadamia Oil and Miss Universe by CHI Flexible Hold Hairspray
• Section the hair into 4 parts (top, sides and back)
• Staring at the back followed by the remaining sections, curl 1 inch sections with the Miss Universe by CHI 1” Titanium Curling Iron. Pin the curls to cool and set for 5 mins.
• Release curls and gently break up with your fingers.
• Tease hair at the roots, creating volume and lift at the crown.
• Create a deep side part pulling all hair to one side. Pin at the nape of the neck to hold in place.
• Next, spray with Miss Universe by CHI Firm Hairspray to set the style.
• Finish with Miss Universe by CHI Spotlight Shine Spray.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.