Mistress of makeovers, celebrity stylist, makeup artist and Farouk Systems educator Tammy Mixon's inventive styling and color talent has served as the catalyst for her success in the beauty industry.
This fashion-forward, elegant updo by Mixon is just in time for spring! Catch more of her work at Farouk's 2017 Cancun Conference August 25-28. Here she shares how to re-create the look:
1) Start with clean, dry hair and apply CHI Silk Infusion from mid-shaft to ends. Part the hair down the center and separate into 3 sections ear to ear (about 1" behind the ear).
2) Braid the back section into a loose braid, gently pulling pieces from the sides of the braid to expand and flatten, but not dishevel it.
3) Pin a cushion at the nape and cover with the loose braid, pinning it securely over the cushion. Spray a light application of CHI Helmet Head for added hold.
4) Repeat Step 2 by braiding the front side sections into loose braids and expanding them, starting just over ear.
5) Bring the braided sides to back. Tuck under the cushion and pin in place. Apply another light application of CHI Helmet Head and finish with CHI Shine Infusion spray for a sleek style that stays.
A Farouk Systems Global Artist and the lead stylist for Miss Universe, Miss USA and Miss Teen Pageants for the past decade, Mixon is truly at the top of her game. Her ability to create versatile styles, transforming fresh and fun day looks into nighttime glamour make her a highly requested professional.
When Mixon is not busy styling at red carpet events, runway shows or high-fashion photo shoots with Fadil Berisha, she refines her craft behind the chair in Norman, Oklahoma.
To register for the Farouk Cancun conference and learn some of Tammy’s must-know techniques, visit farouk.com.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.