Did you spend Valentine’s Day happily cozied up streaming your latest binge series? A new poll of 1,000 Americans conducted by NationalToday.com found that a lot of women are just fine with being on their own:
- Nearly a quarter of single women (but only 7% of men) said they would rather spend Valentine’s Day with their pet than their romantic partner.
- 14% say of those polled said they’re single and loving it!
- 13% confessed to buying themselves candy or flowers on Valentine’s Day.
- 9% of women said they were actively searching for a boyfriend, compared with 20% of men who said they were single but wanted a girlfriend.
The Valentine’s Day Survey also found that dinner and a movie is the most popular Valentine’s Day date, followed by:
- a beautiful walk outdoors
- a fancy dinner for two
- “Netflix and chill”
- couple’s massage
A small but notable percentage—5%—planned on celebrating Valentine’s Day by going on a Tinder date, and 11% said that they have either proposed or been proposed to on a February 14.
What did you do on Valentine’s Day? Knowing hairdressers, we bet you worked to help your clients look beautiful for their celebrations!
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.