The models on the Prabal Gurung AW17 runway wore sleek, powerful ponytails that embodied the inclusive messaging of the show. After showcasing a collection of multicolored furs, silks and knit sweaters, models emerged for the finale in t-shirts broadcasting messages like "The Future is Female," "Stay Woke" and Girls Just Want to Have Fundamental Rights."
The pulled-back hair and vibrant eye worn by the models suited the show's statement. Wella Professionals Lead Stylist Anthony Turner created the “very strong and androgynous look” with a downtown element to give it a New York feel. Turner describes the look as being, “homemade and has a sense of ease to it which is very necessary; a woman can achieve this at home.”
GET THE LOOK:
1. Prep hair by lightly spraying water throughout to dampen a bit.
2. Apply Wella Professionals EIMI Sugar Lift throughout the entire head, layering densely into the hair.
3. Next, begin to lightly blow dry hair to smooth out the look.
4. Once dry, comb in a deep side part and apply Wella Professionals EIMI Rugged Texture throughout the hair for a matte finish.
5. Using your hands, scrape the hair back into a ponytail in the middle of the back of the head.
6. Wrap hair with elastic and once secured, add in some waves and texture with a curling iron for a duality in look (masculine in the front and feminine in the back).
7. Finish the look using Wella Professionals EIMI Stay Firm.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.