Jenny Strebe, educator and hair blogger of Confessions of a Hairstylist, introduces the Topsy Tail Looped Faux Hawk, an edgy, cool style.
GET THE LOOK:
1. Start by sectioning off a half moon section in the middle of the head, near the hair line. Tease slightly for as much volume as you see fit.
2. Now, section out a 1-2 inch section from the hair line right behind your half moon section.
3. Gather that hair into a ponytail, and now use the topsy tail technique by creating an opening behind your elastic and pulling remaining hair out of the pony through your ponytail – only you don't pull through all the way, instead leaving enough hair out to make a loop.
4. Spread out the loop to how you see fit. Continue utilizing this topsy tail loop trick until you get to the nape of the neck.
5. Finish off the look with a medium hold hairspray.
Watch Jenny Strebe create this style: