In 60 minutes we learned how to create an entire hair collection with photos by CosmoProf Artistic Team member and social sensation, Philip Ring, commonly known as @phildoeshair.
You may know Phil as “the pixelated hair guy,” but today at America’s Beauty Show in Chicago, he taught us all about photoshoots and what you need to know in order to execute one successfully.
Here are 6 of his camera/photoshoot tips:
- Renting a camera: If you don’t have a professional camera, you can easily rent one if you don’t want to buy one. Phil says you can get one for only $20-30 per week!
- Equipment is expensive too, so try renting it.
- Phil recommends everyone purchase a Ring light if you haven’t. These lights are an economical choice for photography or video, and show off hair color or makeup really well.
- Publications are looking for high-resolution photos. If you use a professional camera, this will provide you with the top resolution photos that you need.
- You don’t need to be a camera expert in order to use one! Don’t be scared of professional cameras. You don’t need to know everything about a device to use it.
- Take 500-1000 photos of your models. Really. Even though you will only choose one in the end, angles are everything and so are options.
- Have your model move around. Have your model jump, swish their hair and pose differently to get different angles.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.