The inspiration for the Copper Wave technique by L'Oréal Professionnel comes from layering cosmetics, where you overlay touches of makeup. It lets you enhance shine without going through a radical transformation.
A copper tint lends itself perfectly to this new technique as it enhances and warms up the color of any hair. Like a blush, it simply brightens up the face. The secret? Sections of the hair, especially the tips, are colored with INOA Ammonia-Free hair color and wrapped in aluminum foil for an ultra-natural finish.
Paris Fashion Week designer Vanessa Bruno collaborated with Matthew Collins at L'Oréal Professionnel to curate this look.
Copper Wave comes in 10 shades; here are few to choose from: 8.34/8GC, 7.43/7CG, 7.44/7CC, 6.34/6GC, 5.4/5C
BASE COLOR FORMULA
Formula 1: ¾ INOA 7.44/7CC + ¼ INOA 5.4/5C + INOA Rich Developer 20-vol.
Formula 2: Blond Studio Freehand Techniques Powder + 30-vol. Majicrème Developer + Smartbond Step 1 Additive
Formula 3: ½ INOA 7.44/7CC + ½ INOA Clear + INOA Rich Developer 10-vol.
- Apply Formula 1 as a global application, process 35 minutes.
- Shampoo with L’Oréal Professionnel's INOA Post Color Shampoo, power dry.
- Create a 2-inch subsection around the perimeter of the head, isolate the interior hair.
- Balayage Formula 2 in 10 triple point pieces clockwise, following the round of the head.
- Process highlights to desired level of lightness, rinse and towel dry.
- Apply Formula 3 as a global application, process 10 minutes, rinse and towel dry.
- Complete color service with Smartbond Step 2 Pre Shampoo. Depending on hair length and density, apply 4 to 8 pumps of Smartbond Step 2 Pre Shampoo into hair from roots to ends. Leave on hair for 10 minutes at room temperature. Rinse thoroughly from hair.
REMOVAL AND RINSING
- Wet, emulsify, rinse and shampoo twice with INOA Post-Color Shampoo.
- Condition and lock in the color with Powerdose Color A-OX
Shop the shades! When you buy 5 INOA products you get a deal!
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.