Like a watercolor landscape, this Pulp Riot pastel duality creates an edgy, distinct look with a subtle, wearable softness.
FORMULA AND APPLICATION:
Natural level 7 with ½ inch of regrowth, pre-lightened to a level 10
Formula 1: Pulp Riot Smoke
Formula 2: 1 oz Blush + ½ oz Lemon + ¼ oz Fireball
Formula 3: 1 oz Blush + 1 oz Clear
Formula 4: Lemon
Formula 5: Sea Glass
Formula 6: Lilac
Formula 7: 1 oz Sea Glass + 1 oz Powder
1. Apply Formula 1 to the base on the whole head for a shadowed-root look, then section hair down the middle.
2. Working on the left side of the head, take a 1-inch triangular subsection at the nape. From base shade, apply Formulas 2, 3 and 4, blending where the colors meet.
3. Take a triangle subsection next to that, apply Formulas 3, 4 and 1.
4. Take a third triangle subsection and apply Formulas 4, 2 and 3.
5. Repeat in a bricklay pattern until the left side of the head is fully colored.
6. On the right side, use the same parting pattern and application method as the left side but with different formulations.
7. In the first triangle subsection, apply Formulas 5, 6 and 7 blending where the colors meet.
8. In the next triangle subsection apply Formulas 6, 7 and 5.
9. In the third subsection, apply Formulas 7, 5 and 6.
10. Repeat in a bricklayer pattern until the right side of the head is fully colored. Process 30 minutes. Rinse well with cold water. Do not shampoo. Blow dry and style.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.