Inspired by the bright colors of spring flowers in bloom and the versatile denim trend, this Matrix look mimics the bright hues of nature. By changing the ratios of the melding formulas, you can achieve effortless blends.
FORMULA AND APPLICATION:
Natural level-7 dark blonde
Formula 1: Matrix Light Master + Bond Ultim8 Step 1 with 20-volume Matrix Cream Developer
Formula 2: SoColor UL-V+ 40-volume Matrix Cream Developer
Formula 3: Color Sync Watercolors Sapphire Blue + Color Sync Clear (1:1) with equal parts 10-volume Matrix Cream Developer
Formula 4: Berry Violet + Clear (1:1) with equal parts 10 volume
Formula 5: Quartz Pink + Clear (1:1) with equal parts 10 volume
Formula 6: Quartz Pink + Clear (2:1) with equal parts 10 volume
Formula 7: Coral Peach + Clear (1:1) with equal parts 10 volume
Formula 8: Coral Peach + Clear (2:1) with equal parts 10 volume
Formula 9: Coral Peach + Clear (3:1) with equal parts 10 volume
1. Create a diamond-shaped section on top of the head. Working off of this section, take slices and alternate Formulas 1 and 2, applying them from base to ends. Process up to 20 minutes; then rinse thoroughly, cleanse and towel dry.
2. Re-section the hair into the original diamond shape.
3. For the Color Melting technique, take slices and apply Formulas 3-9 in the order noted in the following steps, always leaving a slice of natural hair in-between each formula.
4. For the first slice, apply Formula 3 and melt it into Formula 4.
5. On the second slice, apply Formula 5 and melt it into Formula 6. Then melt Formula 6 into Formula 7.
6. On the third slice, apply Formula 7 and melt it into Formula 6.
7. On the fourth slice, apply Formula 8, melt it into Formula 9. Then melt Formula 9 into Formula 7
8. Follow the application pattern and complete the diamond shape. Process up to 20 minutes. Rinse thoroughly, cleanse and condition.
Color and style: Michael Albor, Matrix artistic director
Photographer: Kathleen Minton
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.