Nicole DeStefano (@beautyhivebynicole) did a gorgeous balayage blend on a natural level 3. She shared her very-detailed how-to with MODERN:
STEPS and FORMULA:
**Olaplex incorporated into formulas.
- I added a small pinch of Joico Bonde Life Lightener for added lift.
- I took thin sections and painted in an alternating "V" and "W" pattern.
- I used a blush brush at the top of the balayage section to soften and blend her natural base with the lightener.
- I used highlighting papers in-between each section to insulate and get a better lift.
- When the hair was lifted to a level 8-9, I rinsed and toned at the shampoo bowl.
- Last, I applied Redken Shades EQ 7p equal parts processing solution at her roots and combed down blending into Redken Shades EQ equal parts 9v+9p+clear and processing solution.
- Shampooed and conditioned with Amika Triple RX
- Finished with Amika The Wizard and Amika Bombshell.