China Glaze and Hasbro are coming together to introduce a magical collaboration: MY LITTLE PONY x China Glaze. A friendship that began backstage at New York Fashion Week, this colorful partnership – launching July 2017 – delivers a palette of 14 new shades inspired by the charming personalities of the iconic ponies, intertwined with the spirit of the unique China Glaze shade selection. Ranging from fun-loving brights to celestial glitters, the magical and whimsical collaboration resonates with beauty connoisseurs and pop culture enthusiasts of all ages.
A prelude to the My Little Pony: The Movie releasing October 6, 2017, the MY LITTLE PONY x China Glaze collection features 12 shades inspired by the unique personalities of the iconic ponies including the Mane 6: Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Applejack, Rarity, Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie. The film will also introduce a new character, Songbird Serenade, a popstar pony voiced by Sia.
Cutie mark your mani with any or all of the MY LITTLE PONY x China Glaze shades:
- I Sea Ponies – Magical silver holographic chrome
- Hay Girl Hay! – Celestial holographic glitter
- Kill ‘Em with Kindness – Whimsical soft yellow crème
- Cutie Mark™ the Spot – Harmonious pistachio mint crème
- One Polished Pony – Dashing turquoise frost
- Too Busy Being Awesome – Charming Cerulean blue crème
- Let Your Twilight Sparkle™ – Purple holographic glitter
- I Just Canterlot – Glamorous violet glitter
- Where’s the Party Canon At? – Sparkling fuchsia glitter
- Applejack™ of My Eye – Fun loving red-orange crème
- She’s a Mane-iac – Hot pink satin
- Sweet as Pinkie Pie™ – Bubbly pastel pink crème
The MY LITTLE PONY x China Glaze collection will also feature two limited edition shades inspired by the newly introduced popstar pony only available in the Songbird Serenade kit that also includes bonus friendship rings – the perfect collector’s item as well as two kits:
- Songbird Serenade – Electrifying black shimmer
- Best Ponies Forever – Soft gold chrome
- The Mane 6 – Six micro mini bottles of I Just Canterlot, Too Busy Being Awesome, Let Your Twilight Sparkle™, Sweet as Pinkie Pie™, Applejack™ of My Eye and Kill ‘Em with Kindness
- One Polished Pony – Includes full size bottles of One Polished Pony and She’s a Mane-iac with My Little Pony™ nail art decals
To celebrate the launch of this magical collaboration, China Glaze has partnered with six of the leading nail artists – affectionately known as the “China Glaze Mane 6” – to create exclusive nail designs with the lacquer collection. A mix of editorial, celebrity and influencer professional nail artists, the China Glaze Mane 6 include Casey Herman (@caseynails), Hannah Lee (@hannahroxit), Lexi Martone (@leximartone), Britney Tokyo (@britneytokyo), Sarah Waite (@chalkboardnails), and Naomi Yasuda (@naominailsnyc). Additionally the brand will support the collection with an expansive social media campaign including giveaways and dedicated content, plus a MY LITTLE PONY x China Glaze® microsite and advertising campaign.
The magic begins July 2017 when the MY LITTLE PONY x China Glaze collection will launch at beauty stores nationwide including Ulta and Sally Beauty. MSRP $7.50 for individual shades.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.