We have two of the season’s latest must-try shades – Root Shadow and Tiger Eye!
The Tiger Eye is a new, subtle balayage for dark bases, and the Root Shadow creates depth at the roots for a modern twist on highlighted hair. Both of these trends are part of L'Oréal Professionnel’s Fall/Winter 2017 IT Looks and use INOA ammonia-free permanent hair color technology.
Rock-inspired Tiger Eye hair color features a mixture of bronze, gold and dark brown highlights and lowlights to create a customized look. The color is defined by deep, warm caramel colors that vary across the spectrum. Similar to balayage, tiger eye hair color is marked by darker roots fading into lighter ends.
Who is it for? The warm golden hues of tiger eye hair are perfect for warmer complexions. However, depending on your client’s undertones you can customize the look according to their complexion. Where deep bronzes and honey golds pair well with warm undertones, cool undertones are better suited with icy, neutral hues.
Another hot look for fall is the Root Shadow – and it’s exactly how it sounds. The look is characterized by a darker root and lighter ends. The shadow root offers an overall dimensional look to the hair color and is lower maintenance, in that it allows your client a bit more regrowth before their next appointment.
TIGER EYE LOOK: Highlights paired with a warm or dark chocolate base, to add dimension and texture to hair.
For Virgin Hair:
Formula 1: INOA 8.31 + Smartbond Step 1
For Colored Hair:
- With Formula 1, start at the hairline on the front with very thin stitched sections
- PRO TIP: release the first ½ inch of hair to create a soft vail.
- Apply 4 to 6 foils on the facial hairline depending on the quality of the hair
Sides of The Head
- Repeat on both sides (4 to 6 foils on each side depending on the quality and parting of the hair)
Crown of The Head
- Finish the crown area (4 to 6 foils)
- PRO TIP: Make sure the stitches are very thin.
- PRO TIP: Saturate the foils with enough product for a lighter result.
- Balayage the hairline to bring brightness to the color and make the foiled pieces flow together with the mid-lengths and ends
- Randomly select a section on the natural fall of the hair from the hairline. Gently backcomb from mid-lengths to regrowth.
- Take a V-shape section. Using Formula 2, apply to create more light on the mid-lengths and ends.
- Brush upwards to blend product and create a softer effect. Do the same on both sides of the face with 1 or 2 sections depend on hair thickness.
- Let it process between 15 and 30 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Gloss with Formula 3. Process up to 10 minutes. Rinse thoroughly.
- Apply Smartbond Step 2 for 10 minutes before shampooing. After shampooing, follow with Serie Expert Powermix Color.
ROOT SHADOW LOOK: This process creates a translucent color for a blurred effect between the base color and the hair lengths.
For Virgin Hair:
INOA Gold Natural 8.3 and 9.31 + Smartbond Step 1
For Colored Hair:
- Effasol (If hair color is darker than Level 6)
New Color Growth
- Apply 1-inch Formula 1 onto the new growth. Process for 35 minutes.
- While processing, create 3 sections as drawn.
- Start at the nape and create 3 triangle sections. Balayage each triangle section with Formula 2.
- PRO TIP: Saturate the hair and Balayage it to the new growth area to get a soft result from new growth to ends.
- Take diagonal back sections at the top of the head and Balayage with a 3-point application to create the shadow effect.
Check out L'Oreal Professionnel's NEW Pro Website: http://www.pro.us.lorealprofessionnel.com/