Cosmetologists Chicago (CC) and Amazon Professional Beauty have announced three new scholarship opportunities with an application deadline of October 27, 2017. Hurry! The new CC Presidents Scholarships are:
- The Cosmetologists Chicago Scholarship for Hairdressing—up to $1,500 toward an eligible course;
- The Cosmetologists Chicago Scholarship for Hair Coloring—up to $1,500 toward an eligible course; and
- The International Nail Technicians Scholarship for Nail Care—up to $1,200 toward an eligible course.
Applications must include:
- One letter from an industry mentor or professional, who can be a current employer
- A short essay on career hopes and aspirations
- Before-and-after photos highlighting the specific skills in the scholarship category
Scholarships will be awarded at CC’s Annual Business Meeting on November 6, 2017. Recipients may apply their scholarships to industry educational events, including classes and workshops held during Americas Beauty Show, April 28-30, 2018, in Chicago.
In honor of current and past CC presidents, the Presidents Scholarship helps professionals to explore new directions, network and continue to grow in their beauty career. Applications are available at www.americasbeautyshow.com.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.