Inspired by the enchanted forest, which includes rich greens, blues and yellows, the results are magical when applied with a paint-on balayage technique using Balay Powder.
Formula & Application:
Natural level 7
Formula 1: 1 oz Pulp Riot Lightener + 2 oz 20-volume developer
Formula 2: Pulp Riot: 1 oz Nightfall + 1 oz Powder + 1 oz Balay Powder Additive
Formula 3: 1 oz Absinthe + ½ oz Powder Additive
Formula 4: 1 oz Lemon + ½ oz Powder Additive
1. Using Formula 1, pre-lighten the base to match the ends. Process 40 minutes; then rinse, shampoo and blow dry.
2. Starting in the back of the head, apply Formula 2 to the first section, using a Color Track Feather Bristle Brush in a freehand balayage application.
3. Working toward the face, take a second section and apply Formula 3, using the same application technique.
4. Take a third section and apply Formula 4 in the same manner. Repeat the procedure, alternating Formulas 2 and 3 until all the hair is painted.
5. On the side of the head, use the same pattern in a gradient fashion. Start with Formula 2, apply Formula 3, then end with Formula 4. Process 20 minutes; then rinse and blow dry.
Hair: James Gartner and Logan McCombs
Photographer: Brian Cooper
Makeup: Mizz Amanda Marie