SEVEN haircare Platform Educator, Tyson Daniel shows how you can complete a full balayage application in less than half the time by taking vertical sections and working either with or without an assistant. The result is a natural, sunkissed effect that will keep your client glowing all year long.
GET THE LOOK:
- Section off the top of the head from above the crown to the high recession.
- Take a center back, vertical section with your tail comb. Gently lace the section, creating a slight cushion at the base. This technique creates a diffusion and blending of color at the base of the highlight.
- Start painting on the front side of the section. This will create the most natural highlighting effect from front to back.
- Moving towards the front, take another vertical section. The depth of your section is determined by the degree of contrast desired between the base color and the highlighting. Paint using the same technique. Continue to the hairline section, then repeat on the other side of the head.
- On the top portion, start at the back and take a horizontal section using a zigzag part. Lace the section from behind to create a smooth surface on top for painting. Continue until completed.
Get more information about SEVEN haircare.
WATCH THE VIDEO:
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.