This season, Redken Global Creative Director Guido Palau capitalized on braided texture at Coach’s Show.
“We’re doing a cool, gothic look here at Coach," Palau said. "I’m using Redken Wax Blast 10. We’re doing these cool, low, '70s bangs and sideburns with some messy braids around her head. Redken Wax Blast 10 is really my key product here, I couldn’t get the look without it. I’m also using Redken Wax Blast 10 on the men with some Redken Shine Flash 02 for some high-shine. It’s very cool and undone, with a lot of texture. The guys and girls in this show are designed to look like they’re from the same cult.”
GET THE LOOK – THE WOMEN:
- Create a messy middle part with your fingers.
- Using a small round brush, blow dry the front section of the hair in a backward direction.
- Clip the blow-dried section in the back with two small clips for about 10 minutes to let the hair cool and to create a '70s-inspired bend.
- Unclip the hair once cooled.
- Create a small braid with about half-inch of hair on the right side of the head, about 2 inches from the crown. Use Redken Forceful 23 hairspray to seal the braid shut instead of an elastic.
- Take another half-inch section of hair on the left side of the head, underneath the top layer of the hair, and braid down the length. Secure this thin braid with Redken Forceful 23 hairspray to seal it.
- Create additional texture in the lengths if needed with a 1-inch curling iron, leaving the ends out and loosening the curls with your fingers.
- Take the back on-third top section of your hair, and create a thicker braid down the back of the head with your fingers, loosely incorporating extra hair throughout the lengths with your fingers and keeping the braid intentionally messy.
- Spray a heavy layer of Redken Wax Blast 10 over the entire look to set, add piecey-ness and a rocker-chic vibe.
- Tuck your hair behind the ears, leaving out the first 1-2 inches of hair in front.
- Once dry, set again with additional spritzes of Redken Forceful 23 hairspray and Redken Shine Flash 02 for a glossy finish.
GET THE LOOK – THE MEN:
- Apply a large amount of Redken Brews Cream Pomade throughout the hair to add piecey-ness and a rocker-chic vibe.
- Using your fingers, separate the hair out to keep it a bit more sectioned and piecey.
- Set your hair with a few spritzes of Redken Brews Hairspray.
- Once dry, set again with additional spritzes of Redken Brews Hairspray and Redken Shine Flash 02 for a glossy finish.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.