Celebrity hairstylist Peter Lux created Allison William's glamorous waves for the 2018 Academy Awards with styling essentials from Goldwell and VARIS.
The inspiration behind the look was the iconic Rita Hayworth. Lux wanted to emulate her glamour and elegance for this big event. Lux details below how to get the look from tonight’s red carpet.
- Lux began by spraying the new Kerasilk Style Forming Shape Spray, a versatile product to create weightless movement, onto Williams towel-dried hair.
- Then, Lux styled Williams hair with the VARIS Dryer and Nylon Brush to create a smooth and shiny texture.
- Next, working in small sections (which guarantees a closed glossy surface), Lux used the VARIS Curling Iron and curled Williams hair in a forward motion to create soft shiny waves.
- After the curls cooled and set, Lux brushed Allison’s hair out, with the VARIS Smoothing Brush.
- Lux finished with Kerasilk Style Fixing Effect Hairspray to ensure Williams’s sophisticated waves stayed in place all evening.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.