For three two-day workshops, Nicholas French will host the 2018 Icons and Legends lineup at his creative destination academy, Skyfall. The workshops will be held in the Cahuilla Hills of Palm Springs, California, and will feature French working alongside other industry icons including Martin Parsons (August 5-6), Vivienne Mackinder (August 12-13) and Damien Carney (August 25-27).
The scenic location overlooks Barry Manilow's estate. Each experience is limited to 15 hairstylists. A light breakfast and lunch are provided, as well as a cutting mannequin. For more information and to sign up, visit nicholasfrench.com/education.
Hairdressers can expect to learn:
- French's blueprint and sketching technique to take any inspiration and translate it into true hair art
- The Art of Consultation: mastering the skills to understand what a client really wants
- How to enhance the authenticity and creativity of your commercial work
- Consultation techniques such as facial framing, the three wheels of fashion and more
- How to discover, storyboard and execute your own unique concepts
- How to substantiate your confidence as an artist and better articulate your brand
- How to take the fear out of razor cutting and feel more confident in creating precision style
- Countless take-home tips and tricks
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.