Coachella, Lolla, Sasquatch. Wherever your clients are heading to hear music this season, they’ll want to show up festival-ready. When it comes to their hair, that means effortlessly cool and on-trend. BioSilk Ambassador and Educator Ivan Rodriguez is a world-traveler who is completely at home on the festival scene. Here are some of his top festival hairstyle forecasts to share with your clients:
- Lighter-than-air textures. If she starts out with a lightweight texture, there’s less chance of her hair becoming limp or greasy as the day (or days) rolls along. So send her off with formulas like BioSilk Silk Therapy—a leave-in that will provide moisture and protection without causing strands to droop.
- Soft waves/straight ends. This is THE texture of the festival season, says Ivan. Leaving the ends straight produces an undone texture that fits the casual vibe of an outdoor concert. BioSilk Therapy Beach Texture Spray will keep those festival waves defined.
- Scalp Braids. Nothing says Boho like a braid, and scalp braids can be incorporated into waves, buns and ponytails for Boho embellishment. Ivan’s braid “cocktail” of choice is BioSilk Silk Therapy Lite + BioSilk Silk Therapy Silk Polish.
- Messy topknots. A high bun or double space buns are quintessential festival looks. These effortless styles keep your client cool and her hair controlled, even when temperatures climb. Ivan’s tip? Work BioSilk Therapy Dry Clean Shampoo into the scalp and comb it through before twisting and securing the hair to extend hair and scalp freshness and add volume to finer strands.
- Sleek and healthy. After many seasons of beach waves, Ivan predicts a comeback for smooth hair. “Women today are practical,” he says, “and wearing your hair simple and straight is as practical as it gets.” Hair health is essential for straighter textures, because every flaw can be revealed. Ivan likes to infuse hair with moisture via BioSilk Silk Therapy, the ultimate leave-in. For damaged hair, his go-to is the BioSilk Therapy Intensive Masque. “It seals the cuticle,” he explains, “and preserves the hair color.”
Go behind the scenes at Ivan’s Tied to Beauty festival collection shoot.
Learn more about creating soft and sexy festival-worthy textures.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.