Redken Global Creative Director Guido Palau capitalized on choppy highlights and tousled texture at Prada’s Resort Show:
“We liked the idea of random color throughout the hair. We made the color a fashion statement by using a very light color or very dark color on the girls to contrast with their natural color. It’s almost like an unsophisticated take on hair color. The messy side part is simple, classic Prada. I’ve used Redken Wax Blast 10 and Redken Forceful 23 Super Strength Hairspray to accentuate the head shape. The result almost feels cool, downtown, and uptown simultaneously.”
RECREATE THE LOOK:
- Start with clean, dry hair.
- Side part your hair with your fingers on the right side of your head, directly above the center of your eyebrow.
- Take a few 1” sections of extensions that contrast with your natural hair color. (If you are brunette, use a whitish blonde. If you are blonde, try a dark brown shade.)
- Clip the extensions into your hair around the crown and hairline to create dimension and contrast.
- If the extensions are longer than your hair, trim them to blend in with your lengths.
- Wave your lengths and the extensions with a 1” curling iron. Allow hair to cool.
- Spray a few spritzes of Redken Wax Blast 10 throughout your lengths and tousle your hair with your fingers for a piecey, multi-dimensional look.
- Clip the crown area of your hair down close to your scalp to accentuate your head shape.
- Spray a heavy dose of Redken Forceful 23 Super Strength Hairspray on the top of your head to hold the hair down. Allow the hairspray to dry.
- Take the clips out and use your fingers to soften the hairline around your ears and your crown to soften the style.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.