Hair: Melissa Garcia
Photographer: Mohammed Ghanayem
From dress shopping to carefully selecting a signature hairstyle, prepping for the occasion is half the fun. As an homage to the glitz and glamour of cocktail parties past, retro finger waves are both beautiful and refreshing and will definitely help your clients stand out in a crowded room.
Recreate this look from BioSilk with these steps:
- Create a side part, and prep the hair with BioSilk Therapy. Distribute evenly through the hair.
- Create sections. For the first section, part the hair from the topside part to behind the ear.
- Starting at the bottom, take 1-inch sections and spray with BioSilk Silk Therapy Finishing Spray - Natural Hold.
- Curl with the BioSilk 1-inch Titanium Curling Iron in an under direction, and wrap the section around the barrel.
- Finish the ends in a marcel technique, and clip.
- Take the next section and repeat.
- After curling the one side section, begin the same curling technique at the nape area, and move upward to the top of the head.
- Finish the remaining side section, and repeat the same.
- Remove one clip at a time starting at the nape.
- Comb and position the wave formulation with your fingers and then spray with BioSilk Silk Therapy Fiishing Spray - Natural Hold.
- When reaching the top sections, slightly backcomb for added life before arranging into wave formation.
- Finish the style with BioSilk Silk Therapy Finishing Spray - Natural Hold and BioSilk Silk Therapy Shine On for hold and added glisten.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.