ECRU New York was used by celebrity hairstylist Dimitris Giannetos to create an updated classic style on actress Kristen Bell for the 2018 MTV Movie and TV Awards on June 16th.
"For Kristen’s look I wanted to do something modern and polished because of her edgy dress," Giannetos says. "I decided to go with a low sleek middle-parted ponytail. I added just one element at the end using black electric tape to create a leather band look!"
- Begin by prepping the damp hair using Marine Thickening Balm from ECRU New York.
- Blow dry the hair with a large round brush.
- Next, add Silk Nectar Serum to protect the hair from the heat so that there are no split ends.
- Flat iron the hair in small sections.
- Create a very strict middle-part, then spray a flat brush with the Sunlight Styling Spray.
- Brush the hair to the neckline, and use an elastic band with two hooks to secure the ponytail.
- Wrap the black electric tape around it so it feels and looks like a leather band.
- Spray the end of a tooth brush with the Sunlight Styling Spray to make sure there are no wisps or fly away pieces on the hairline.
- Finish with the Silk Nectar Serum on the pony for a soft and shiny look.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.