Recreate this intricate knotted pony by Esther Langham for Ulla Johnson's Spring 2019 show at NYFW.
Langham used Amika products, including:
Plus Size Perfect Body Mousse
Curl Corps Enhancing Gel
First Base Moisturizing Styling Cream
Glass Action Universal Elixir
The Antidote Silk-Wrap Styler
Silken Up Dry Conditioner
Get the Look:
- Dampen hair, and apply the Plus Size Perfect Body Mousse around the hairline. Blow dry using a flat brush/Mason Pearson to create a smooth hairline.
- Create a center part, and create two sections from the crown to behind the ear.
- Using an equal mixture of the Curl Corps Enhancing Gel and the First Base Moisturizing Styling Cream, apply from the roots through the mid shafts of the hair—this will help maintain control of the hair and help create more definition in the finished look.
- Once the product is applied, take the top two sections and tie together to create a knot.
- Create two more sections (leaving a small section of hair out towards the nape), apply the product mixture and create another knot incorporating the hair from the previous sections.
- Create a ponytail with all remaining hair and tie with an elastic band.
- Use the Glass Action Universal Elixir to smooth any flyaways as needed.
- To finish the look, use the Antidote Silk-Wrap Styler and Silken Up Dry Conditioner to create a lived-in, smooth texture in the ponytail.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.