As fall gathers speed, get ready for a stream of clients sporting summer-lightened hair that has turned brassy and blech. Your job? Fill her up! In other words, fill the warmth so you can offer deeper, cooler tones for fall.
That’s what Redken Ambassador Patricia Nikole, aka @PaintedHair did with this beauty—a brassed-out client yearning for a cool new start to her autumn hair color. “This makeover was made so much easier thanks to the new Redken Color Gels Lacquers, which offer one-to-one perfect matching with Shades EQ,” says Patricia. “Color Gels Lacquers come in 37 shades that match seamlessly with Shades EQ—even the names match for easy formulation when retouching and refreshing. I also love the fact that Color Gels Lacquers give me the shine of Shades EQ with the coverage of permanent hair color.”
Here’s how Patricia transformed her client’s faded, brassy highlights into a rich, brownstone hue.
Step 1: Fill faded color with Redken Shades EQ Gloss 07G to create an even canvas. Process for 20 minutes. Shampoo and rinse with Color Extend Magnetics.
Step 2: On dry hair, apply Redken Color Gels Lacquers 5CB + 10 Volume Pro-oxide Cream Developer to Zone 1 and Shades EQ Gloss 05CB on Zones 2 and 3 to create a beautiful color melt and seamless, direct zone match.
Step 3: Process for 20 minutes and then rinse. Shampoo and Condition with Redken Color Extend Magnetics.
Since Redken Color Gels Lacquers is new, here are a few more things you may not know:
- The unique liquid formula provides intense shine and saturation
- The range contains 5 superior gray coverage families pre-mixed for up to 100% gray coverage (N, NW, WG, CB, RB)
- Application and processing are express—use it with a bottle or brush and bowl. You save time and earn more!
- Low ammonia base boosts client and stylist comfort but won’t compromise coverage.
- Reds have been reformulated to be particularly vibrant and long-lasting thanks to Redken’s advanced red-dye technology!
Learn more about new Redken Color Gels Lacquers.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.