Grace Joo @colorwithgrace is a blonding specialist in South Pasadena, CA and one of our 2018 MODERN SALON 100 Artists. Her feed is filled with beautiful hair color finishes and she often shares her formulas and her process. This beautiful "after" caught our eye...
"My client usually gets a full rooty bleach-out but she's ready for a change!" Joo says. "She had told me she is going to be in a wedding in October so I recommended her to go for something more natural.When she comes back in right before the wedding we will be doing the same process minus the lowlights and tone her down to a warmer, beigey-blonde!"
- Mixed 20 volume Schwarzkopf Professional BlondeMe and 5n+5g+5cb Redken Shades Eq for her lowlights.
- Added two weaves and one lowlights grabbing thin sections. Processed about 1.5-2 hours.
- Rinsed with cool water. The applied Olaplex No.2 for about 10 minutes.
- Rooted with 6/12 and toned the ends with 9/5-22+9/5-1+0/11 all with 7 Volume.
- Blow dried and curled with 1 1/4 inch iron from Hot Tools. Finished with L’Oréal Professionnel Next Day Hair.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.