Who needs jewelry when hair can shimmer and shine like precious pearls? Here, Joico delivers the look with semi-permanent shades in a pearlescent palette.
FORMULA & APPLICATION
Starting level pre-lightened to platinum and silver toned
Formula 1: Color Intensity Silver Ice
Formula 2: Color Intensity Violet Pearl
Formula 3: Color Intensity Blush
Formula 4: Color Intensity Rose Gold + equal parts Color Intensity Clear
- Starting with the bottom third section, apply Formula 2 at the base, and blend down about 3 inches. Use a comb to evenly distribute the color to create a blended look.
- Divide section in half with a thick weave. Using large, woven sections will create a bold, color-blocked look.
- On the bottom half, apply Formula 1. Use fingers to melt the two colors together.
- On the top half, colormelt Formula 4 from shadow root color to ends.
- On the middle section, apply Formula 2 from base to ends. Saturate hair completely. To maintain control and avoid potential bleed, braid each section as you work up the head.
- Move to the top section. Apply Formula 2 to the base and bring the shadow root formula down in a teardrop shape. This should be applied deeper in the back and shorter in the front.
- Divide the top section in half horizontally with a large weave. Apply Formula 3 on the bottom half. Colormelt the two shades together using your fingers. Then apply Formula 1 on the top half, from shadow root to ends.
- Repeat steps on opposite side. Process 20 minutes, shampoo and condition.
Color: Larisa Love
Style: Richard Mannah
Photographer: Hama Sanders