To achieve a true strawberry hue, Redken colorists create super-fine babylights. It will still look red, but with a more natural vibe.
FORMULA & APPLICATION
Natural level 4
Formula 1: 1 oz Redken Color Gels Lacquers 6CB with 1 oz 10-volume Pro-oxide Cream developer + 4 ml pH-Bonder #1
Formula 2: 1 oz Flash Lift with 1 oz 40-volume Pro-oxide Cream developer + 4 ml pH-Bonder #1
Formula 3: 1 oz Shades EQ Gloss 07CB + 1 oz Shades EQ Gloss 9AA + 1 oz Shades EQ Gloss Crystal Clear with 3 oz Shades EQ Processing Solution
- Divide hair into quadrants. Front center to nape and ear to ear.
- Apply Formula 1 to the new growth.
- Apply Formula 2 to super-fine highlights, using a classic balayage technique with V-shapes. Focus on saturating the mid-lengths and ends, and place a small piece of cotton on the underside of each section. Create as many as you want, based on the desired effect. Process the formulas simultaneously for 20 minutes, then rinse; do not shampoo.
- Apply pH-Bonder #2, and process 10 minutes. Shampoo and condition, then dry completely.
- Apply Formula 3 to all hair in a global application. Process 20 minutes.
Hair: Josh Wood
Photographer: Peter and TxemaYeste