This multi-toned inspiration from Farouk Systems captures jewel-toned radiance and mystique.
FORMULA & APPLICATION
Natural level 7, pre-lightened to level 8
Formula 1: 2 oz CHI Shine Shades 9S + 3 caps of 1N with equal parts CHI 10-volume Color Generator
Formula 2: CHI Blue Additive (used alone)
- Line up a comb with the center of the nose to create a clean center parting from fringe to nape. Part hair from ear to ear to create quadrants.
- Apply Formula 1 at the base along the parting, gently feathering down toward the mid-lengths. Repeat on opposite side of the parting.
- Move to the nape, and create diagonal-forward subsections. Apply Formula 1 at the base. Work up the head until you reach the top of the quadrant. Next, within the same quadrant, apply Formula 1 to the mid-lengths and ends, using your fingers to saturate and blend.
- Repeat the application of Formula 1 on the opposite back quadrant. Then move to the two front quadrants and repeat.
- Use Formula 2 to paint directly over Formula 1, starting at the nape and focusing on ends. This will create the dipped-ends look. Use fingers to thoroughly melt Formula 2 into the strands. Process 30 minutes.
Hair: CHI Elite Artist Cynthia Diersen
Photographer: Mohammed Ghanayem
Makeup: Jannette Marin
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.