As the only professional salon treatment with hemp CBD oil, EMERA Nourishing CBD Scalp Therapy helps restore the scalp balance needed for healthy hair growth.
The buzz is building about cannabidiol or CBD, extracted from the cannabis sativa plant. And while CBD may not actually give anyone a buzz (despite what you may think, it’s derived from hemp, not marijuana,) it’s being added to a slew of beauty and skincare products to nourish, moisturize, enhance and heal. Now, salons can offer the benefits of CBD for their haircare clients with the launch of EMERA CBD Haircare from Earthly Body.
Earthly Body already has experience in the CBD realm—they’ve had tremendous success with their hemp-based CBD Daily Skin Care collection. After seeing the benefits for skin, the company decided to create a collection for hair as well. “The benefits keep evolving,” explains Earthly Body CEO and Co-Founder Kevin Wachs. “We discovered, for example, that the scalp has receptors that activate CBD, which leads to healthier scalp conditions. We can address issues like dryness, flaking and itchiness. And all salon pros know that healthy hair starts with a healthy scalp. Even if a client doesn’t have scalp issues, CBD will make the scalp, and ultimately the hair, healthier.”
It’s important to understand (and explain to clients) that nobody will get high from these products. “Everyone will pass a drug test,” laughs Wachs.
It’s all about the botany. The hemp plant has a stalk, seeds and flowers. The stalk is the fibrous part of the plant that’s used to make paper, rope, etc. The flower is what the hemp CBD oil comes from that is used in EMERA and can truly be termed beauty’s new super food. It contains all 21 known amino acids to add strength, enhance collagen and elastin in the hair which increases the hair diameters, leading to fuller, thicker-looking hair. One of the amino acids, tyrosine, also helps to maintain hair color. Beyond that it’s rich in essential fatty acids including omega 3, 6 and 9 – which help to retain moisture in the hair, and it contains a high level of antioxidants which protect the hair from environmental and other stresses.
To be even clearer, If the plant contains less than 0.3% THC content — in accordance with the Agricultural Act of 2014, aka the Farm Bill — it’s considered hemp. If it’s got more THC, it’s considered cannabis, not hemp.
In addition to its “star” ingredient, EMERA contains a blend of natural and high performing ingredients for hair, including avocado oil, chamomile, peppermint, lemongrass, and Japanese matcha green tea.
Currently, the five-product range includes:
- Nourishing CBD Scalp Therapy: This signature care product works to calm and nourish by deeply penetrating and conditioning with its blend of nutrient-rich ingredients. It’s the only professional salon treatment with hemp CBD oil, and helps restore the balance needed for healthy hair growth. When paired with EMERA’s exclusive massage technique, EMERASSAGE™, it also provides a multi-sensory experience for ultimate relaxation.
- Nourishing CBD Shampoo: Packed with rich nutrients and soothing botanical extracts to promote healthy hair from the start, this sulfate-free formula works to gently cleanse from roots to ends, leaving hair feeling fresh after use. It also prolongs color vibrancy, adds shine and reduces breakage.
- Nourishing CBD Conditioner: Locks in moisture and promotes hydration with the beneficial properties of avocado, eucalyptus, and tea tree oil, resulting in touchable, soft, silky strands, prolonged color and reduced breakage.
- Nourishing CBD Detangler Plus: More than a detangler, this is the perfect styling companion, protecting against the damaging effects of hot tools, helping prevent color fade, and increasing body. This multi-tasking spray provides powerful support to keep hair looking healthy, vibrant, and shiny.
- Nourishing CBD Serum: This lightweight, intensive formula absorbs quickly to fight frizz and help make hair softer, smoother, shinier, and more manageable.
All EMERA products are naturally-derived, 100 percent vegan, free of GMO’s, parabens, phthalates PETA-approved, and Leaping Bunny certified. Plus the packaging is recyclable, and the products are made in Earthly Body’s own solar-powered facility.
And there’s a philanthropic component as well. Wachs is all about giving back, and in 2004, he and his wife Mare established the Get Together Foundation. It’s a volunteer-run charity that supports important causes – chief among them, homelessness. Five percent of every EMERA product sold goes to the Get Together Foundation.
Thanks to the growing interest in all types of CBD products, clients are already likely to be informed and interested in hair care products containing this trendy ingredient. “There was a time when no one was paying attention to CBD,” Wachs observes. “It was an alternative product, the way Argan oil was. We saw it in London 10 years ago, being sold in the streets. It was health food. Now it’s a whole new beauty category and it works! Seeing is believing and I encourage everyone to try it!”
Trying is believing. Enter to win an EMERA Salon Starter Kit, worth $299.00!