Arizona-based hairstylist Daphnee LeFlair (@daphneeleflair) has an awesome hashtag (#hairbyleflair) and a definite flair for color correction. This root touch-up resulted in beautiful, sophisticated ashy tones.
"This is how I know I love being a hairstylist, because I’m just as excited as my clients after each and every process!" says LeFlair. "Do what you love, and love what you do, because it definitely will show in your work."
We asked her to share her process for reaching this elegant end result:
- First I section my client's hair in four quadrants. Because of her regrowth being more then an inch long, I decided to do a full head of thin foil slices on her root retouch.
- Using Schwarzkopf Blondme Lightener with 20 voIume, I started on my back quadrant first, still keeping 1/2 inch away from her scalp.
- I continued the same technique throughout all quadrants while, at the same time, still checking on the first section where I started.
- After approximately 35 minutes of those foils sitting, I started applying lightener to her base. I switched to 30 volume this time. I continued, starting with the back two sections then working my way to the front sections.
- As I’m doing this application, I’m still checking on the integrity of the hair as I go.
- After approximately 30 minutes of her roots processing, her hair was ready to be washed.
- After shampooing, I toned her hair with 1/4 of 9n, 1/3 parts V8 , 1/3 parts of 9A and 8A from Joico. "My client wanted more of an ash tone." And she got it. Beautifully done!