In 2018, Nikki Lee and Riawna Capri, owners of Nine Zero One salon, launched IN COMMON Beauty with the goal of creating a community and product set that serves everyone.
Now, the duo is expanding that collection with five products in a new treatment line inspired by skin care.
"The system we just launched was inspired by skin care, where benefits compound with continued use for your healthiest hair yet," Capri says. "Healthy hair is beautiful hair. If your hair is not healthy, your hair most likely is not beautiful."
Lee added that she and Capri wanted to eliminate some of the common problems salons and artists face, like the burden of carrying professional product inventory and commit to a minimum order quantity. There's no minimum order quantity with IN COMMON Beauty.
"From a consumer perspective, we believe that everyone deserves to have healthy hair, and that’s what we all have in common, so we really wanted to create an inclusive product line that encapsulated this concept that we each can share the ‘bad hair day’ experience as much as we can the ‘good hair day’ experience, so let’s have more of the latter," Lee says.
The five new products include Clear Haze Universal Shampoo, Velvet Cloud Universal Mask, plus three in-shower treatments; Mended Sea Strengthening Enhancer, Mojave Rain Moisturizing Enhancer and Static Silk Smoothing Enhancer. When layered between the shampoo and mask, the enhancers provide instant results on all hair types, and can be used in any combination based on hair needs.
To get started with this system, cleanse hair with Clear Haze Universal Shampoo to purify and nourish thescalp. From there, spray on the enhancer of your choice, but don’t rinse it out just yet. Layer on the Velvet Cloud Universal Mask and let it sit for three minutes.
- Clear Haze Universal Shampoo: This moisture-balancing universal shampoo is designed for all hair types and textures, detoxifying hair without stripping it of its natural oils.
- Ingredient engine: C3 Custom Care Complex + Quartz + Avocado Oil
- What it does: Detoxifies and balances moisture levels.
- Mended Sea Strengthening Enhancer: Infused with a blend of rose oil, blueberry extract and babassu oil, this in-shower reparative treatment is designed to bring struggling hair back to life by sealing split ends and restoring damaged strands. Vitamins A, B5, C and E help restore and strengthen weak strands.
- Ingredient engine: C3 Custom Care Complex + Babassu Oil
- What it does: Strengthening. Seals split ends, strengthens hair fiber.
- Mojave Rain Moisturizing Enhancer: Quench thirsty locks with this in-shower enhancer, infused with moisturizing rose and watermelon extracts. Essential amino and fatty acids, along with Vitamins A, B6, C and E, provide hydration to protect and soften strands while helping hair retain moisture.
- Ingredient Engine: C3 Custom Care Complex + Nourishing Oil Blend (RSPO Certified Palm Kernel Oil, Castor Oil and Rose Oil)
- Product Objective: Moisturizing. Protects and softens.
- Static Silk Smoothing Enhancer : For the unruliest of hair, this 7-in-1 hair beautifier is packed with lavender water, hyaluronic acid and avocado oil to help calm frizz, cool the scalp and add shine. This enhancer should also hydrates, volumizes, resists damage, protects and softens hair, providing silky smooth results.
- Ingredient Engine: C3 Custom Care Complex + Hyaluronic Acid
- Product Objective: Smoothing. “7-in-1” hair beautifier. It hydrates, volumizes, calms, resists damage, protects, softens and adds shine.
- Velvet Cloud Universal Mask: Nourish hair without weighing it down with this hair mask. Hydrating ingredients, including coconut, avocado and linseed oil, help seal split ends and repair damaged hair while keeping tresses lightweight and bouncy.
- Ingredient Engine: C3 Custom Care Complex + Glycolic Acid
- Product Objective: Amplifies the benefits of the enhancers. Seals down broken edges of hair.