“We wanted to pay homage to Libertine’s signature punk aesthetic," says Kelsey Deenihan, LORAC Artistry Advisor. "To achieve this, we created an exaggerated wing eye with sharp lines, but kept the skin super clean and dewy. This unique juxtaposition modernized the ‘90’s rocker chick the industry’s currently emulating. For an unexpected twist, we added subtle hints of shimmer on the bottom lash line and in the lip creases. As a finishing touch, the look was accessorized with intricate handmade appliques by Nicky Andrea.”
- Prep skin with a light moisturizer and lip balm. *No foundation was utilized in creating this look.
- If needed, use LORAC POREfection Complexion Pen for dark circles and blemishes. Apply with fingertips for a natural look.
- Use tape to create your wing shape with clean lines, positioning at an upwards angle.
- With a damp/packed brush dip the shade Caviar from LORAC LUX Diamond Palette and tap the brush to remove excess product. Gently pat pigment within the stencil.
- Use LORAC Front of the Line PRO Eye Pencil in Black to line between the lashes ensuring there are no gaps.
- Carefully remove stencils/tape and clean edges by using micellar water with a pointed cotton swab or flat eyeliner brush.
- Apply LORAC LUX First Class Lash Mascara to top and bottom lashes. Let it dry and repeat 2-3 times to create a clumpy effect.
- Once the mascara is dry, tap the LORAC LUX Diamond Crème Eye Shadow in Lace to the bottom lashes only.
- For added glamour, strategically accessorize face with embellished decals.
- Brush brows upward with a spool. Do not add any color to the brows.
- Remove excess lip balm from the lips and pat on LORAC Color Source Buildable Blush in Infrared with a finger to deposit a blurred stain.
- To complete the look, lightly apply LORAC LUX Diamond Crème Eye Shadow in Cashmere to lip corners for subtle shimmer.
Event: Libertine SS 2020 Runway Show
Date: September 11th, 2019
Location: Spring Studios, New York, NY
Makeup Credit: Kelsey Deenihan using LORAC
Product Credit: LORAC (www.lorac.com)
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.