Affinage Global Ambassador Tracey Devine Smith (@tdevinesmithhairartist) worked with new Affinage Salon Professional Spirit Lights, an off the scalp system that lightens natural or colored hair up to three levels while delivering natural-looking subtle blonde effects. It mixes to a clay-like consistency, ideal for freehand color placement, and does not require heat; it develops open-air.
The system consists of four pigments: blue, violet/silver, beige and brown. Each contains moisturizing oils and protective corn protein to help leave hair in optimum condition. There’s also a lightening powder containing hydrolyzed silk protein and kaolin to help protect the cuticle and strengthen the hair.
- Devine Smith hand painted Spirit Lights through full head, some mixed with ASP 3% Creme Developer and some mixed with ASP 6% Creme Developer.
- Hand paint was staggered throughout to create peaks of color.
- Hair was toned using Affinage Mode Cool Blonde Illuminator for 10 minutes.
- Hair was prepped with Affinage Mode Salt Spray and dried smoothly to create volume.
- Then hair was sectioned off and crimped from root to tip using Affinage Mode Work-It for hold.
- Hair was dressed out with a Mason Pearson brush and Affinage Mode Wonder Dust was applied at roots
Intro kits are available and include one of each shade, powder, crème developers, a palette, brush, bowl and spatula. Learn more at Affinage Salon Professional.