It's not everyday a a color line is launched so being introduced to SPARKS, now available exclusively in SalonCentric and State|RDA stores nationwide and online, is cause for excitement. At the Henkel Headquarters in Culver City, CA, the "beauty gurus"--in-store experts, artists, and beauty enthusiasts--from SalonCentric and State|RDA stores gathered to learn about this brand that is geared to a future generation of stylists, tapping into their desire for digital learning, ease of access, and value pricing. SPARKS offers that...and more.
Joining the Henkel brands within its Beauty Care Hair Professional business, the SPARKS esthetic is relatable, raw, and unfiltered.
SPARKS introduces 86 permanent shades across 8 tonal families formulated with the DUAL ACTION COLOR SYSTEM: an advanced system comprised of two exclusive technologies that work simultaneously during the color process. The DUAL ACTION COLOR SYSTEM utilizes:
- Color Binding Technology: two powerful amino acids that drive color molecules deep into hair and strengthen weak strands to reduce breakage and fight hair color fading
- Smart Oleo System: three Micro Oleo Agents that work within the hair’s cuticle layers to repair broken sites and replenish naturally occurring lipids for a mega dose of hydration
With SPARKS’ future-forward vision, professional hair colorists ignite their artistry with an inclusive, supportive, online color community that offers interactive digital capabilities, education and support to help enable their success. Combined with a low cost, low inventory commitment and exclusive technology that works on all hair types, SPARKS is next generation hair color.
“With SPARKS, we wanted to create more than just a product line, but a brand that speaks to the upcoming generation of hair stylists and gives them a place to thrive,” said Stefan Mund, Regional Head, Henkel Beauty Care Hair Professional North America. “The impressive innovation and digital capabilities behind SPARKS make it a great addition to our strong portfolio of existing brands within the Henkel Beauty Care Hair Professional business.”
SPARKS also introduces COLOR TRANSFORMER DROPS, a revolutionary product that instantly converts permanent color into demi-permanent hair color in just one simple step. The innovative transformer technology works by reducing the pH of permanent mixed hair color formulas to create a tone-to-tone, deposit-only match that’s gentle on hair. Stylists save valuable salon space while simultaneously expanding their service offerings.
SPARKS’ promise to evolve the digital landscape begins with the launch of the SPARKS App, which offers:
- “Try Me” Augmented Reality experience, elevating the client consultation process by inviting them to visualize themselves in any SPARKS shade then talk through the process with their professional stylist.
- Formulator, where stylists can color with confidence utilizing an industry-first AR-powered color formulator tailored to individual client needs and target color.
- Virtual swatchbook for instant viewing and searching through the SPARKS color families. It’s also paired with an interactive, curated platform where users can upload their formulas and share with others.
- Customer support, a direct line to the SPARKS Customer Experience Team for real-time solutions, color questions, product information and more.
- More to come!
SPARKS hair color portfolio offers premium performance at an accessible price for the future and current generations of stylists. In addition to the 86 permanent hair color shades and the COLOR TRANSFORMER DROPS, SPARKS is also introducing:
- Powder Lightener formulated with powerful amino acids Lysine and Arginine to help nourish and protect fragile hair during the lifting process
- Developers for every need, including 7, 13, 20, 30 and 40 Volumes
- Five semi-permanent creative color options
- Six true-to-tone, vibrant toners
SPARKS launches October 1 at SalonCentric and State|RDA stores nationwide at $4.25 per color tube.