On Monday, September 9th Sarah Potempa, Celebrity Hairstylist and Inventor of The Beachwaver Co., Annette of @Annette_Updo_Artist and Stephanie Brinkerhoff of
@HairandMakeupbySteph came together for a one-day workshop in New York where they shared their techniques, tips, tricks and knowledge on styling.
This Five-strand braid, Boxed Fishtail, Three-Strand Braid accessorized with the Beachwaver Hair Cuff in Gold was one of the results of this glam collab!
1. Start by applying The Beachwaver Co. Great Barrier Heat Protectant Hairspray all over.
2. Use a The Beachwaver Co. Coast Pro Ceramic Styling Iron to smooth the root area, then apply The Beachwaver Co. Braid Balm Pre-Braid Prep to the roots.
3. Spray an The Beachwaver Co. On Set Pro Brush with hairspray, and, with your head tilted upward, brush hair into a ponytail.
4. Use a hook elastic to secure ponytail, then add a Beachwaver Hair Cuff in Gold.
5. At the top of the pony, use four fingers to separate hair into five sections, and create a five-strand braid (bring the left-most section under then over, then the right-most section under and over.) Braid for a third of the ponytail length, then secure with a clear elastic. Take a small section of hair from underneath, wrap around the elastic to conceal, and secure with a bobby pin.
6. In the section below, create a boxed fishtail braid. Split the hair into two sections, then take a piece from the right, split it in half, and cross one piece over and add it to the other side, then cross one piece under and add it to the other side. Braid for the next third of hair.
7. Again, secure with a clear elastic, wrap with hair from underneath to conceal, and bobby pin in place.
8. In the last section, create a regular three-strand brand. Braid until the end of the hair, secure with a clear elastic, and conceal with a section of hair. Then bobby pin up into the braid.
9. Apply Color Wow Root Cover Up to fill in the hairline.
10. Finish with The Beachwaver Co. Great Barrier Heat Protectant Hairspray for hold and shine.
*Pro tip: roll the can over hair to smooth flyaways
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.